Monday, July 17, 2017


WELCOME TO DUANE'S DRAWINGS: TANGLE BLOG.......WHERE TANGLES LIVE and Play...  

Done by Duane Anderson, Certified Zentangle Teacher.  Want to attend a class?  Call or email (look in my profile).

I have some pics of tangles as the Diva's Challenge in DC#325 for you to peruse.  Guest Diva, Jessica Davies told us to do Peanuckle in today's challenge.  In fact, I did two tiles with Peanuckle along with a couple different tangles.  Let me know what you all think of these, OK?

In this one I made Peanuckle with shading and also a bit of General's white chalk to enhance things; also I added Ambler all around.
And in contestant #2 I drew Marasu in the middle of a bunch of Peanuckle.  All shaded and I used white chalk on this one to set off Marasu a bit.

8 comments:

  1. It's amazing how different you've mad the same pattern on the two tiles. I like the Ambler too; don't know why it works so well but it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret: if you take the tile you did and hold it the way you drew it; then turn it 90 degrees, it will look way different than what you drew. Then keep turning it around until you see all sides to it and each one looks different than the others. My two tiles, I think, are drawn pretty much the same, just turned different from each other. Try that on yours and you most likely will see the difference. Our pattern "Ambler" is the "fret" design from earliest man's design found in a lot of ancient diggings through history.

      Delete
  2. I loved both. So different, but with the same peanuckle base. you've inspired me to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a pathway to a mysterious place. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! Thanks for participating in the Diva's Challenge again this week, Duane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, thank you for your kind words on my tiles. I have been doing Laura's challenges for about 4 years now. Wouldn't miss 'em.

      Delete
  5. Both well done and both soooo different!

    ReplyDelete