Monday, April 17, 2017


WELCOME TO DUANE'S DRAWINGS, ZENTANGLE BLOG.......WHERE ZENTANGLES LIVE...

 (only 60 days left until Providence, RI for CZT #28.  Can't wait !!     :-)


Hello and welcome everyone on this day after Easter.  I am a little tardy getting this online for the Diva #312 Weekly Challenge.  I had to learn how to stain my tile with a few practice ones and letting each one dry a while before I could draw anything.  Well, this week I didn't break any rules (or guidelines) while drawing up my tile.  Except to say....I really don't like this method of making strings.  I would just rather draw my tangles without it.  Also:  look below this pic for my added bonus I received Friday at the Dr's office.

Tangles I used here are:  Kuke, Noom, Antique, and Antz.  Noom is my "Mac N Cheese" tangle now.
This is called a "Boot"...walking (haha) Boot.  I fell on Thurs night in my dark bedroom and took down a small bedside table when I went down to the floor.  I don't really walk so good due to a full knee replacement that was done about a year ago or so.  Yes, I crushed the table as I went down while I tried to steady myself on the table, no such luck, myself and the table went to the floor.  I went to the Emergent Care the next day and they put me in my "boot".  They call it a walking boot...hahaha, Dr said not to walk around but to stay down and keep my foot elevated.  Not likely to happen when you have a life to live in this day and age.  Happy Easter to me.

11 comments:

  1. I like your border and the antz. Have to try that tangle. 60 days!! See you at #28!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay off the foot as much as you can... it has to be better in 60 days!!! Great tile too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fluid gives something extra to your tile, I like the result very much and I hope you will be better soon, please take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest that foot you need to be nicely rested for CZT! Love your Tangle, I'm having a hard time with my stain too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Been there, done that Duane!! Only 40 years ago they would cast it and give you crutches for 2-3 months!! I really like your tile! You've done very well with this challenge! Be good to that foot so you'll be ready to dance in Providence!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tile is done very well and I do understand when you say you don't like a string this way. But, isn't that the charm of the challenge? Getting us out of our comfort zone?
    Try to do what the doctor 'ordered', if you don't it will probably take a much longer period of time to heal. Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Duane, I like your tile since it looks like you pretty much ignored the spill except for the center! It gives it some extra character!
    This getting older isn't a lot of fun, is it? We finally get to where we are supposed to enjoy life and everything starts falling apart, LOL! As long as you will still get to go to Providence, it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tile!
    I hope you will be better soon! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, sorry to hear about your accident but hopefully it will get better quickly. Nice tile - your stains make a lovely "frame" for your tangles. I have done a few tiles with stains and wasn't sure I liked the process at first either, but now I really quite enjoy it. If you are so inclined, there is a small book called "the Art of Kumomi" that gives a new perspective to drawing around "stains" or random splashes of paint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh oops Duane, 2 spills. At least one was deliberate. Bonzer noom!!

    ReplyDelete